Where We've Been

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Sad Day

It's a sad day, friends. My continuously serving running-buddy, my 1999 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4, has brake trouble. And not the kind of brake trouble you can fix by turning the rotors or replacing the master cylinder. It's the kind of trouble for which the dealership no longer sells brake lines and the cab has to be taken off the frame to fix.

Of course, this isn't the first major trouble it's seen. I had the engine rebuilt two years ago after it bent a push rod. It's had some minor brake work done over the years and been broken into a time or two.

Despite all that, it has been a GREAT truck for 9 years, 1 month, 21 days and change. I realize the impossibility of a truck having a soul or a personality but I like to think of any inanimate object I rely on regularly as having its own soul. The Wevorado has been there for me for a long, long time.

It's got 167,000 miles on it and tells the tales of countless escapades from Hico to Honda and Chicago to Corpus. The Wevorado will be missed.

Like a wise man once said

Here for a good time, not a long time

And like another wise man once said

We can't live forever, so it's here and now or never

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A sad day indeed. I assume there will be a weverodo II to take it's place? Can you get the bumper (I'd suggest the one that had the unfortunate incident with the hotel) or the tailgate mounted and hung over your fireplace, or at least in your garage?

Bill